Sunday, January 10, 2016

Today there was a moment as I drove around town with my boys that was perfect.  They weren't fighting or talking back.  They weren't disobeying or being rude.  We all were laughing at something silly the youngest one said while waiting for food in the drive-thru of Burger King.  I might have missed it because it was a small, otherwise inconsequential moment, except that I am on the lookout for joy now.  And it was a truly joyful moment.  I got a glimpse of what it will be like as they get older and the bickering slows down little by little.  My sweet boys...not hellions but charming, delightfully funny, kind-hearted men...some day.  I'm not rushing that future day when they're all grown up and they strike off on their own.  Oh, no!  That day will come all too soon as I am reminded daily - they are growing up so fast!  (Sorry for such a cliche statement).  But in that brief glimpse, life was just as it should be and I hope I will never forget it!  And I'm sure this will make absolutely no sense to future me, but, "Hello?  My brother doesn't know what 2+2="  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment