Saturday, January 2, 2016

It's been a simple day filled with simple joy.

First of all for the dog-pile that roused me from my sleep.  I may not have been truly joyful in the moment when I first awoke to find my husband and I being visited by not one, or two, but THREE children in our bed this morning.  In fact, I may have told them all to go play or watch a movie or anything else as it is a tight squeeze to fit five on a queen size mattress.  And getting tighter each day as our kids get bigger (and hopefully we don't!).  But later on after the caffeine in my Spark kicked in and I was hit with major nostalgia adding the boys' new school pictures to their frames and looking back through the old ones and seeing their adorable chubby cheeks and baby faces covered with spaghetti sauce, then I was so thankful that they are still young enough to think that snuggles with mom and dad are the best!  And it hit me not for the first time that I love them so much not because they are the most talented or the smartest or the best looking or the greatest athletes (although all those statements are true), but because they are MINE.  I love every aspect that makes them who they are and they bring me joy.

On a less serious note, I found immense joy and satisfaction in the discovery that my phone can be used as a remote control to our Roku since the actual remote was "misplaced" several weeks ago and we've not been able to enjoy Netflix!  Thanks to my super awesome coworker who clued me in to the potential and the existence of such an app!

Now off to bed and hopefully a peaceful, kid-free sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment