Friday, January 1, 2016

My sister recently said something that has inspired a lot of careful thought...'what brings you joy'?  As a working mother of three, I often get caught up in the chaos of everyday and forget to look for the joy.  I want to find joy in each day this year and every year after.  This blog will be a place for me to share the good parts of each day...and will be something that I can look back on at the end of the year as a reminder of how blessed I am.

So...what brought me joy today on this first day of the new year?  A walk with my family through the beautiful, cold, clear winter day that ended with a surprise trip to the bowling alley.  Scoring the first spare of the game and actually getting a strike!  Seeing my little girl get a strike (with the use of the ramp) and watching her butt-wiggle every time she released the ball!  Playing board games at the dining room table with my boys with the sun streaming through the window.  Watching Zoolander with my husband and hearing him laugh at the same time as me.

What a wonderful day!  And not without its trials and frustrations!  I mean, for corn sake, we've got three kids under the age of eight in our house!  Frustrations abound!  But I'm not going to focus on that or even mention a single one.  Because when I look back on this day, I'm going to remember the sunshine and the laughter!  2016 - it's gonna be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment